Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019: Call for Submissions & Careers Day
Submissions are now open for short films aimed at teen audiences for the 11th Glasgow Youth Film Festival, which returns from 13 – 15 September 2019, plus GYFF19 will host the festival’s first Careers Day.
Co-programmed by young people and Glasgow Film, Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) is one of the most innovative youth film festivals in Europe, annually presenting an outstanding range of international films and creative workshops with industry professionals. A team of 17 GYFF Young Programmers from across Glasgow are spending the summer working closely with the team behind Glasgow Film Theatre and Glasgow Film Festival to put together an exciting film festival for their peers.
Previous guests at GYFF have included Hollywood star John C. Reilly, the cast of Skate Kitchen and director Crystal Moselle, and the cast of Channel 4 smash-hit Fresh Meat. In 2017, the team turned iconic Glasgow venue Mackintosh Queens Cross Church into Wes Anderson’s Camp Ivanhoe for the Closing Gala screening of modern classic Moonrise Kingdom. In 2018, the festival opened with a sold out screening of smash-hit Scottish comedy Anna and the Apocalypse, followed by an exclusive cast and crew Q&A, and went on to enjoy record-breaking admissions throughout the festival.
GYFF is calling upon creative young filmmakers who want to see their film on the big screen. GYFF19 will feature a special programme of shorts, curated by GYFF Young Programmers. Any short films (under 40 min) made by filmmakers, and aimed at audiences, aged between 15 and 30 are eligible.
To submit, e-mail email@example.com with the subject line ‘GYFF Shorts Competition’. Submissions will close at midnight on Thursday 18 July.
Careers in Film Day
The GYFF19 programme will remain tightly under wraps until August, 2019, however, the date for Glasgow Youth Film Festival’s first ever Careers in Film Day, is Thursday 12 September, curated especially for S4 – S6 pupils across Glasgow. At the event, pupils will have the chance to participate in hands-on workshops and receive invaluable career advice from professionals for a successful career in the ever-growing Scottish film industry. The event will feature a keynote speech from Alan McDonald, a former High School teacher, script consultant on CBBC shows and the screenwriter of GFF18 Opening Gala Anna and the Apocalypse. Careers Open Day – Full details and application form to download)
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Riverside Festival 2021