Glasgow St Andrews Day Torchlight Parade, Saturday 26 November, 2016
Another sparkling event from the West End Festival
A winter torchlight parade for everyone!
Saturday, 26 November, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
This evening celebration of Scotland’s patron Saint will take the form of a torchlight parade passing through the main parts of the west end using a rolling road closure. Samba Ya Bamba and SYB Youth Band will be playing in the parade.
Vouchers for torches are now on sale at a price of £10 via the festival website or you can phone Ticket Source – 0333 666 4466. A donation from every torch sold will be made to Beatson Cancer Charity which the festival has chosen to support from this particular event.
Full details of the event, timings and how to purchase torches are available on the festival website: www.westendfestival.co.uk. (Please note the terms and conditions.)
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow