Glasgow Southside Film Festival, Cinemap, 23 – 25 May, 2014
Southside Film Festival
Cinemap – 23 – 25 May, 2014
Mapping the Southside Through Film
Pop-up cinemas in unusual places across the southside.
Working with new partners including: Shawlands Arcade and back courts in Pollokshields and, for the first time, showing films screenings in the Tramway.
The themes of Cinemap are ‘community’ and ‘local‘ and a call has been issued for films that explore these themes. Particularly site specifi films on: the Arcade, Glad Cafe, Govanhill Baths, New Victoria Gardens, East Pollokshields Quad or Tramway.
With a focus on bringing neighbours together Albert Drive films will be shown and will include work by Basharet Khan and Abigail Howkins.
Karen O’Hare, Festival Director, is aiming to open the festival by asking filmakes to respond to the Cinemap screening spaces and to the themes. You can expect a programme that is not only interesting and international but will also introduce people to southside spaces through film.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for submissions is 9am on April 14.
Full details on how to submit
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- International Day of the Girl Child
- There’s Something in the Water, Femspectives and Take One Action
- Blue Heart – Take One Action Film Festival
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Glasgow Science Festival 2020
- SQIFF Programme 2020
- Watch Party: Tongues Untied – Black History Month Scotland
- Black Cowgirls and Cowboys, Real and Imagined
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!