Glasgow Southside Film Festival, Cinemap, 23 – 25 May, 2014
Southside Film Festival
Cinemap – 23 – 25 May, 2014
Mapping the Southside Through Film
Pop-up cinemas in unusual places across the southside.
Working with new partners including: Shawlands Arcade and back courts in Pollokshields and, for the first time, showing films screenings in the Tramway.
The themes of Cinemap are ‘community’ and ‘local‘ and a call has been issued for films that explore these themes. Particularly site specifi films on: the Arcade, Glad Cafe, Govanhill Baths, New Victoria Gardens, East Pollokshields Quad or Tramway.
With a focus on bringing neighbours together Albert Drive films will be shown and will include work by Basharet Khan and Abigail Howkins.
Karen O’Hare, Festival Director, is aiming to open the festival by asking filmakes to respond to the Cinemap screening spaces and to the themes. You can expect a programme that is not only interesting and international but will also introduce people to southside spaces through film.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for submissions is 9am on April 14.
Full details on how to submit
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA
- So Long, My Son GFT
- Knives Out GFT
- Honey Boy GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT