Glasgow Science Festival 2017 Events for Secondary Schools
Glasgow Science Festival is back from June 8th – 18th with a great line-up of FREE interactive STEMM related workshops and talks for secondary schools at venues across Greater Glasgow.
Event details and bookings
The Science Behind Sex Education – S4-6
This interactive outreach session introduces pupils to the scientific evidence that underpins sex education messages in school, using data to challenge perceptions and answer pupil’s questions.
Maths and Statistics
The Power of Data: Murder, Gambling and Disease – S4-6
Statistics are everywhere, from murder trials to playing the lottery. Statistical experts demonstrate how to think mathematically about chance, risk and uncertainty.
Exploring Data S4-6
Statistics can help us make sense of the world, from predicting US presidential election results to your school grades. Explore the power of data with through talks and interactive workshops.
Engineering and Physics
Engineering & Computing in the 21st Century – S4-6
Explore the real-life applications of engineering and computing, from 3D printing to health apps in this engaging session of interactive workshops.
Renewable Energy Physics – S1-2
An interactive workshop in which pupils learn about renewable energy and how to measure energy generation using scientific equipment.
Chasing the Waves S4-6
Discover how Glasgow scientists helped detect ‘gravitational waves’, first predicted by Einstein over 100 years ago in this theatrical performance blending comedy, music and visuals.
Glasgow Science Festival, Kelvin Building, University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QQ
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottish Women’s Writing
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- A Year of Workers’ Stories