Glasgow: Invisible Cities Book Launch, La Bodega, 8th and 15 December, 2016
Launch date on 8th December is full so second event has been arranged for 15th December, 2016
Glasgow: Invisible Cities is a collection of poetry and prose from new writers attending creative writing classes at the University of Strathclyde’s Centre for Lifelong Learning. Dr. Linda Jackson , who teaches on the course has edited this book of student work:
‘They are just marvellous, heads down on a single stimulus and off they go…writing, writing.‘ (LJ)
Guest writers: Janet Paisley, Sheila Templeton, Ruby McCann and Pat Byrne were invited to contribute to the collection.
You will be able to purchase the book at the events – cost £8.
The nights will include readings from the book, dancing from El Fuego De La Noches plus Linda Jackson (editor) known to many as singer Linda Jaxson may be persuaded to sing.
Entry is free but it’s advisable to book a table and enjoy some tapas.
Alexis and Karen offer an evening with a difference at La Bodega, 1120 South St, Glasgow G14 0AP
Come along and savour the dancers, readers and tapas.
- Document Human Rights Film Festival 2019
- Paisley Halloween Festival 2019
- Ghost Stories from Around the World, Britannia Panopticon
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT