Glasgow Film Theatre – reopening May 2021
Doors will be swinging open on Monday 24 May, 2021 subject to government guidelines.
With the Oscars giving us a tantalising glimpse of what we’ve all been missing these past few months, staff at GFT are sure you’re as eager as they are to see this year’s slate of award-winning films in all their big screen glory. Well, they’ve got some good news for you.
The re-opening programme will include Nomadland, Minari, Judas and the Black Messiah and Sound of Metal.
They will also be welcoming the incredible Sheffield Doc/Fest to GFT in June. Delighted to be one of the festival’s partner cinemas this year, giving Glaswegian film fans the chance to see both the Opening and Closing films. The festival will open with the European premiere of Summer of Soul (…Or When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised) by Ahmir ‘Questlove’ Thompson and will close with the world premiere of The Story of Looking, the latest film from Mark Cousins.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Full programme will be announced soon along with booking information, so keep your eyes peeled.
“We can’t wait to see you all back at GFT.’
‘Actual physical cinemas are our habitats, our bailiwicks. They are where we – movie lovers – gather and expand. They’re our rock pools and our mountain tops! All other types of watching are second best.‘
– Mark Cousins, Filmmaker
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT