Glasgow Commonwealth Games – Be a Host City Volunteer
Want to be a part of Glasgow’s Commonwealth history?
Be a Host City Volunteer! Join the army of people already signed up to provide the warmest of welcomes to visitors to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers will bring passion and pride to Glasgow’s streets providing information on the sports programme and the many cultural activities the city will have on offer. No experience of volunteering is necessary – we are just looking for enthusiasm and a smile!
Find out more and apply here http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/communities/host-city-volunteering/Pages/default.aspx
Host City Volunteers is a great opportunity to get involved in the biggest event ever to happen in Glasgow whilst adding something valuable to your CV in terms of voluntary work experience. The campaign is open from now until 9th May.
Host City Volunteers are the ‘meeters and greeters’ who will welcome the world to Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers are not the Glasgow 2014 clyde-siders but will be situated around the city near the cultural hubs and sporting venues directing and helping anyone during Games time. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who can commit to a minimum of 4 shifts, for up to 5 hours a shift, between 23 July and 3 August to get involved in the biggest event Glasgow has ever seen!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Joiners Corner
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition