FrightFest Glasgow Film Festival, 23 – 25 February, 2017
It’s time to quake in fear again, as FrightFest returns to the open arms of Glasgow Film Festival. This year, you can expect a shivering selection of the finest fear-stokers from around the globe. This forensically assembled line-up has been chosen on the basis that it has something new and unique to offer; something inspiring and exceptional; something worth championing.
Step beyond the pale together into the safe darkness of sinister cinema, where genre transcends all and unites us as one community. In these increasingly turbulent times we need monstrous stories, urban legends and folktales to help us understand our place in a chaotic universe.
And that’s where FrightFest comes in … Come along for the ride!
Hounds of Love
It Stains the Sand Red
The Night of the Virgin
Shin Godzilla: Godzilla Resurgence
The Warrior’s Gate
Passes priced £70 for all 12 films screening as part of FrightFest on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 February. No further discounts apply. Passes must be retained and produced if requested by a member of staff. Please note that bag searches may take place for FrightFest shows. Only alcohol bought at GFT may be taken in to the cinema.
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival