FrightFest Glasgow Film Festival, 23 – 25 February, 2017
It’s time to quake in fear again, as FrightFest returns to the open arms of Glasgow Film Festival. This year, you can expect a shivering selection of the finest fear-stokers from around the globe. This forensically assembled line-up has been chosen on the basis that it has something new and unique to offer; something inspiring and exceptional; something worth championing.
Step beyond the pale together into the safe darkness of sinister cinema, where genre transcends all and unites us as one community. In these increasingly turbulent times we need monstrous stories, urban legends and folktales to help us understand our place in a chaotic universe.
And that’s where FrightFest comes in … Come along for the ride!
Hounds of Love
It Stains the Sand Red
The Night of the Virgin
Shin Godzilla: Godzilla Resurgence
The Warrior’s Gate
Passes priced £70 for all 12 films screening as part of FrightFest on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 February. No further discounts apply. Passes must be retained and produced if requested by a member of staff. Please note that bag searches may take place for FrightFest shows. Only alcohol bought at GFT may be taken in to the cinema.
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2022
- The Springbank Voyage – Barry Nisbet Album Launch
- 50 Pots – Scottish Pottery Exhibition
- Our Stories, Your Stories – Celebrating Memoirs
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City