French Film Festival UK 2021
3 November to 12 December 2021
Vive le cinéma! French Film Festival UK 29th Edition
- Over 30 titles (including new releases, classics and short films)
- In cinemas throughout the UK as well as online
- Highlights include Bruno Dumont’s On a Half Clear Morning, starring Bond’s Léa Seydoux
Screenings are due to take place in cinemas throughout the UK, including the best of French and Francophone titles.
Léa Seydoux, France’s breakout international star of such blockbusters as Dune and No Time to Die is one to watch this year. She makes an appearance in no less than two titles; in Arnaud Desplechin’s Deception as one of the women in the life of a writer, and as a troubled celebrity journalist in On a Half Clear Morning.
Others to look out for are Noémie Merlant (from Portrait of a Lady on Fire) who takes on the joint role as actor and director in My Love; and Hafsia Herzi, noted on screen in her acting debut in The Secret of the Grain who makes her directing debut filming a portrait of a family in turmoil in Marseille in Good Mother.
For the second year running, the Festival will present an online offering, with a selection of specially curated feature films available to watch from the comfort of home. Young cinemagoers too will benefit from their own unique programme, with titles being screened both in-cinema and in their own classrooms.
Richard Mowe commented: “We’re overjoyed to welcome back our faithful audiences, both in cinemas and online, to one of the strongest and most diverse line-ups of any edition of the 29-year-old Festival. To whet appetites there is everything from award-winners to new talents. Thanks to all our partner cinemas for showing enthusiasm and ingenuity in their choices from the official selection and to our sponsors and partners for their unwavering support in what have been and will continue to be challenging times. Vive le cinéma! and bon Festival.”
Further details coming soon. frenchfilmfestival.org.uk/2021/
7 October, 2021
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT