Floating Worlds: Erraid Sound, University of Glasgow ARC
15 – 16 November, 2023 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Advanced Researcch Centre (AEC), University of Glasgow, 11 Chapel Ln, Glasgow G11 6EW
Drop in to the ARC to experience ‘Floating Worlds: Erraid Sound’, a short film by the renowned Scottish theatre director Graham Eatough, and the Dutch visual artist Andre Dekker.
In September 2020 the artists spent one month in the remote coastal landscape to research Erraid Sound, the tidal flat between the Ross of Mull and the Island of Erraid. Through an exploration of our relationship with the natural environment, the film offers an artistic response to some of today’s most pressing issues: our changing climate, rising sea levels, and an ageing and sometimes isolated population.
This film is programmed in conversation with the ARC’s ‘Journey to the Isles’ event on Thursday 16 November.
No booking required. Free event.
Part of Being Human Festival
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Christmas 2023 – University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Golden Friendships
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Night Market at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Film Night: Smoke, Sauna, Sisterhood
- Take 2: Chicken Run at GFT
- Preview: Priscilla 35mm at GFT
- Focus Hong Kong
- Savage Waters at GFT
- The Eternal Daughter at GFT
- Is There Anybody Out There? plus Q & A
- Black Narcissus at GFT
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Mami Wata plus Q and A
- French Film Festival 2023 at GFT