Flo, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, 18 – 23 April, 2016.
Mon, 18 April, 2016 — Sat, 23 April, 2016
Lunchtime Theatre at OranMor – Top of Byres Road, G12
By Martin McCormick | Directed By Ben Harrison
Featuring Kirsty Stuart
Produced in Association with Aberdeen Performing Arts
This is Helen and Mike’s first. And it’s not easy. He works a lot. He has to. After all it’s why they’re here. Thousands of miles from home. So it’s mostly just Helen and the baby, alone in the compound, cooped up; after all, it’s not safe outside. But there’s nothing to worry about, Mike says, the insurgents are on the other side of the country.
Flo is the latest play by award-winning writer Martin McCormick (Squash- Play, Pie, Pint/Traverse, Best New Play, CATS 2015).
Martin McCormick is an award winning playwright and actor. His debut play ‘Squash’ (OranMor/Traverse) won Best New Play at last year’s Critics Awards for Theatre in Scotland.
Other playwriting credits include ‘The Day the Pope Emptied Croy’ (Traverse/Oran Mor), co-writer on ‘News Just In’ (Random Accomplice) and ‘Tristan Nightaway’ (Play, Pie, Pint- Three Minute Thursday).
Also his short play Potterrow (Cumbernauld Theatre) won last year’s inaugural Short Play Prize.
Martin is currently developing plays for Grid Iron and Utter Theatre developing two other untitled theatre projects for 2016.
He graduated from RCS in 2007 and went on to work in theatre and TV in Scotland. His theatre credits include work with National Theatre of Scotland, Royal Lyceum, Dundee Rep, Tron, Vox Motus, macrobert, Visible Fictions, Grid Iron, Play Pie Pint, Arches, Magnetic North, Random Accomplice, Ramesh Meyyappan, Eden Court, Perth Theatre, Manchester Royal Exchange and Paines Plough.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the Box Office at OranMor
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams