Fizzers 10 Years of Caricature at the People’s Palace from 27 May, 2016
People’s Palace, Glasgow Green, Glasgow G40 1AT
Featuring over 120 drawings by five Glasgow artists, this new show celebrates the true nature of caricature, inspired by a European approach where humorous exaggeration of the face is prized above all. Coming to the People’s Palace 27 May.
Movie stars and musicians, sporting heroes and TV personalities will all star in this special exhibition marking a decade of ‘Fizzers’ opening at Glasgow’s People’s Palace on 27 May 2016
Fizzers: 10 years of Caricature will feature over 120 international icons and Scottish celebrities as you have never seen them before – each captured in caricature by five artists from the Scottish Cartoon Art Studio.
‘Fizzer’ is Glaswegian slang for face, visitors of all ages are welcome to delight in the drawings of well-known fizzers from across the world.
David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Bay City Rollers, Rihanna and Elizabeth Taylor are just a few of the global super stars whose fizzer has been created for this unique exhibition. While, closer to home, local heroes such as Phil and Ally, Benny Lynch and Jimmy Reid are celebrated with their own portraits.
Caricatures of world-class sports people including Andy Murray, Liz McColgan and David Wilkie, will be on display alongside a squad of famous players and formidable managers fit to rival any fantasy football dream team.
Meanwhile, Doctor Who fans can reminisce over fifty years of adventures in space and time with a special section featuring each of the 12 time lords from William Hartnell to Peter Capaldi.
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher