Fiona Alderman blogging from Rural France: The End of An Era
I don’t know where to start this month, so will begin with the end. I have just lost my lovely cat, Toerag, who I had to put down last week. The French call our pets “animaux de compagnie”. So true. They are our companions, giving us unconditional love. It is the end of an era too, because he was the last one of the family with his mum Mo dying last year.She was 19 years old and we have had a huge family of cats for 20 years here, so it is a very strange house without their comforting presence.
The wonderful Decouflé
Studio Harcourtderivative work: Materialscientist / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)
I discovered Philippe Decouflé, a French dancer and choreographer, when he came with his company to present his amazing theatrical performance in Scotland at Mayfest in the 1990’s.
Inspired by another great choreographer, Alwin Nikolais in the US, who created strange forms with his costumes and set designs, Decouflé brought his own version of burlesque and humour to his choreography. With his work “Codex” he also investigated the possibilities of video and costumes that would distort the body image.In 1992 he staged both the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Albertville which featured stunning aerial ballets.
French Expressions and Funny Words
Popo le Chien / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)
- Fiona Alderman Blog: Life in Rural France
- Fiona Alderman’s blog: Winter Is Coming
- Fiona Alderman’s Blog: A Sunday afternoon in sleepy Salignac
- Fiona Alderman: Blogging from Rural France, July 2020
- Fiona Alderman blogging from Rural France: The End of An Era
- Fiona Alderman Blogging from Rural France, May 2020
- Fiona Alderman: Stuck in Salignac and Just Waiting
- Fiona Alderman: France Has Shut Down
- Fiona Alderman blogging from rural France. UK is out of Europe.
- From Glasgow to Salignac: 20 years on. Fiona Alderman.
- Fiona Alderman Christmas in Salignac
- Fiona Alderman blogging from Rural France – time is marching on
- Fiona Alderman: The Lady in Black
- Fiona Alderman Blogging from Rural France – The Final Fete
- Fiona Alderman: Rural Living in France
- Fiona Alderman: Summer Stories from Salignac
- Fiona Alderman: Updates from France
- Fiona Alderman blogging from Rural France: bins, earthquakes and threats
- Fiona Alderman: Blogging from Rural France – The cat that got the cream
- Fiona Alderman: New roofs and new beginnings