Exhibition: Flying through time & Key Works, Until 10 June, 2016.
Flying through time & Key Works
16 May 2016 – 10 Jun 2016
Monday to Friday 11-2pm
KEY, The Square, 70 Renton Street, Glasgow, G4 0HT
lying through time and Key Works are concurrent exhibitions celebrating the work of KEY artists, in particular John Cocozza, and the long standing relationship between KEY and Project Ability.
John Cocozza is supported by KEY and has been an artist at Project Ability for several years, as part of our Aspire programme. John is a key personality to our studios, and one of the few artists in the studio working with upcycled sculpture. Mentored by Kevin Cantwell as part of our Research Room project in 2015, together they exhibit their work in Flying Through Time, at KEY in Glasgow. Their work uses the best of our imagination and flies us away to distant lands and far away times. Cocozza has a fascination with Sci-fi television and films, and very often his work – whether it sculpture, painting or print making- reflects this with an abundance of character and skill.
KEY support young people and adults with a diverse range of needs throughout Scotland. They believe good support is essential to achieving a good life. So whether supporting people in their own home, their family home, at school or in their community, they tailor support to each person’s needs and wishes.
Art plays a huge part in living a good life for many people supported by KEY; and Project Ability has helped to develop artistic skills and passion over many years. KEY Works celebrates the talent of these many artists, and showcases a selection of the work that has been made over the years. KEY Works also celebrates the longstanding relationship between KEY and Project Ability, and the work of all artists who are supported by KEY.
Exhibition visitors will also have the opportunity to buy original art work.
ProjectAbility, Offsite Exhibition
Exhibition Flying Though Time
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson