Exhibition ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH The Vegetable Store 08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016 Fireworks Studio
ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH
The Vegetable Store
08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016
The exhibition features ceramic works, video and drawings. It develops a dysfunctional fruit and vegetable shop within the front gallery space of Fireworks Pottery.
In contradiction to the colourful abundance associated with modern produce displays, many of the objects in this display appear wrinkled, mouldy and past their sell-by date. Clay versions of paper bags and boxes also feature prominently on the shelves. Contextualised by the video and drawings, the installation satirises the fetishised feel-good approach that has become ubiquitous in contemporary grocery chains.
Elements of the pottery studio, such as potter’s wheels, clay and tools, remain within the installation. They allude to each vegetable’s creation and form a joke around the notion of locally-sourced natural foods.
Supported by Glasgow International.
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow International 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting