Exhibition ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH The Vegetable Store 08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016 Fireworks Studio
ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH
The Vegetable Store
08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016
The exhibition features ceramic works, video and drawings. It develops a dysfunctional fruit and vegetable shop within the front gallery space of Fireworks Pottery.
In contradiction to the colourful abundance associated with modern produce displays, many of the objects in this display appear wrinkled, mouldy and past their sell-by date. Clay versions of paper bags and boxes also feature prominently on the shelves. Contextualised by the video and drawings, the installation satirises the fetishised feel-good approach that has become ubiquitous in contemporary grocery chains.
Elements of the pottery studio, such as potter’s wheels, clay and tools, remain within the installation. They allude to each vegetable’s creation and form a joke around the notion of locally-sourced natural foods.
Supported by Glasgow International.
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow International 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers