Elemental, Glasgow Science Centre, 17 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
Glasgow Science Centre
50 Pacific Quay, G51 5PA
Ticket Price: £5 – Available to book online now!
Elemental is a unique exploration of science, art and the universe showcased under the spectacular dome theatre of the planetarium. Poets, musicians, sound and video artists – and world-renowned science writer John Gribbin – have collaborated to present the world of the most literary, dazzling and passionate stars.
The show has many exciting components: Legendary UK experimental musicians Nurse with Wound’s work is based on the theory that the resonant frequency of the Big Bang was F#. Sean M Whelan, Emilie Zoey Baker, Alicia Sometimes and Edinburgh based Ryan Van Winkle are writing for the stars. Science, poetry and music all under the one roof.
For centuries, poets have looked to the skies and attempted to scribble meaning into the galaxies. The novelist Peter de Vries once wrote, ‘The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination, but the combination is locked up in the safe.’ What if we had a key, even if only for a moment? What if we could measure, in words, what we have only imagined?
Einstein took the view, ‘the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.’ What if he is right?
The artists involved in this show explore four different theories of the beginnings of the universe: The Big Bang, The Theory of Everything, Dark Matter and M Theory. Are these the lost poetic lectures of the beginning of time?
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne