Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:00 – 10:50
Gruffalos, Conjurors and Teeny Weeny Genies with Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
Baillie Gifford Children’s Theatre Online
In the first of two bumper Book Festival shows from the award-winning author of The Gruffalo, Julia Donaldson treats you to some lively storytelling from her magical book, The Teeny Weeny Genie, followed by a guest appearance from bestselling illustrator Nick Sharratt, who shows you how to draw the Conjurer Cow at home.
Singing, performing and more drawing with Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler, who stops by to show you Zog and the Flying Doctors – but this time, in special protective gear.
Be sure not to miss the performance finale, The Gruffalo in the Deep Dark Wood.
This is a pre-recorded event.
This event will be accompanied by a video resource created by storyteller Ailie Finlay showing parents and carers how to create a sensory story so that those with learning disabilities can join in. You’ll find this video on the Learning site in the coming days. (Further details)
Part of Drawing Stories series of events.
Part of the Baillie Gifford Children’s Programme
Edinburgh Book Festival Online 2020
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Coronavirus, Edinburgh Book Festival, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Coronavirus, Edinburgh Book Festival, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- FrightFest – American Badger review by Danielle O’Neill Young
- FrightFest Glasgow 2021 – ‘Vicious Fun’ review Danielle O’Neill Young
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Book Launch – Peter May: The Night Gate
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Catharsis
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection