Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
Monday 7 December, 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations College of Arts – On Zoom
You will be sent the link to attend the meeting once you book.
Since 2008, Barr has hosted the Literary Salon, which celebrated its 10th Birthday at the Savoy, with Tracey Thorn, Adam Kay and Rose McGowan. He has also been drinks critic for the Sunday Times and has a column ‘Novel Destinations’ in High Life Magazine. He has also run with Corney and Barrow the successful series A Book and A Bottle, live tasting-readings. His TV show The Big Scottish Book Club brought literature programming back to BBC Scotland.
Maggie & Me won The Political Humour and Satire Book of the Year at The Paddy Power Political Book Awards, Sunday Times Memoir of the Year and Stonewall Writer of the Year.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
More about Creative Conversations
Don’t miss this one, guys and check out Damian Barr’s writing – The Guardian Review ‘You Will Be Safe Here’
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Glasgow Film Theatre – reopening May 2021
- Ghazal: Soul’s Food – Rizwan Akhtar
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network Online Meetup
- Maryhill Matters May Day Matters
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- Linda Jackson, The Cabinet launch of poetry collection
- Greenpeace Glasgow Group joins nationwide protest against deep sea mining
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online