Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
Monday 7 December, 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations College of Arts – On Zoom
You will be sent the link to attend the meeting once you book.
Since 2008, Barr has hosted the Literary Salon, which celebrated its 10th Birthday at the Savoy, with Tracey Thorn, Adam Kay and Rose McGowan. He has also been drinks critic for the Sunday Times and has a column ‘Novel Destinations’ in High Life Magazine. He has also run with Corney and Barrow the successful series A Book and A Bottle, live tasting-readings. His TV show The Big Scottish Book Club brought literature programming back to BBC Scotland.
Maggie & Me won The Political Humour and Satire Book of the Year at The Paddy Power Political Book Awards, Sunday Times Memoir of the Year and Stonewall Writer of the Year.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
More about Creative Conversations
Don’t miss this one, guys and check out Damian Barr’s writing – The Guardian Review ‘You Will Be Safe Here’
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre