Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
Monday 7 December, 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations College of Arts – On Zoom
You will be sent the link to attend the meeting once you book.
Since 2008, Barr has hosted the Literary Salon, which celebrated its 10th Birthday at the Savoy, with Tracey Thorn, Adam Kay and Rose McGowan. He has also been drinks critic for the Sunday Times and has a column ‘Novel Destinations’ in High Life Magazine. He has also run with Corney and Barrow the successful series A Book and A Bottle, live tasting-readings. His TV show The Big Scottish Book Club brought literature programming back to BBC Scotland.
Maggie & Me won The Political Humour and Satire Book of the Year at The Paddy Power Political Book Awards, Sunday Times Memoir of the Year and Stonewall Writer of the Year.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
More about Creative Conversations
Don’t miss this one, guys and check out Damian Barr’s writing – The Guardian Review ‘You Will Be Safe Here’
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne