Cross At Needles by James Christie
Cross At Needles
My guide along the way is gone. If Drusilla the vampire did find her chosen one, then she is satisfied, for what she wanted I have done.
Four tales of Dru:
Spike & Dru : the Graveyard of Empires.
All written to the same standard as Dear Miss Landau, the latter two containing the unfinished Whedon-era story arc which would turn the Buffyverse upsides on its head.
Joss Whedon has copies, delivered to him by me in Glasgow this February. Like many an unexploded stick of literary dynamite, they’re probably sitting somewhere in a stack, the words on the page waiting for the light they lack.
Now they’ll know, those who come after me, who I was and how I went. A book is forever, a fact undreamed and unrealized by the many; made true only for the very, very few.
There may be a musical, a stage play, too. I’ve wondered who’d portray me. James Marsters might well do.
Truth and reality can be cliché, for when a man is young tomorrow is another day. I will take the midnight train from Needles for Union Station in L.A.
My cup is full (bottomless courtesy of Juicy’s), the last trek’s done, or nearly so.
I should feel damned satisfied, even smug.
But I don’t.
Whither my dear Miss Landau?
Fate is brutalist, I would say. If two people are meant to come together, God help anything in the way.
I could be complacent, even cocky. But I remember what it was like that day. Before Revenant, Chaplin, Dear Miss Landau…
On Sunset Boulevard, it’s not so far away.
I remember her hair, raven black in the light.
I remember the hours and miles and years it took to see that sight.
I worry about her every day.
I do not know if, even now, she’s found her way.
But for here, for now, there is nothing left for me to say.
Except these words:
Welcome, welcome to L.A…
James A. F. Christie
1st December 2013
(Written in Juicy’s Famous River Café, Needles)
This section: James Christie Blog
Filed under: James Christie Blog
- Coulter, Culture and Culter! by James Christie
- James Christie’s blog: Why Stop the One Stop Autism Shop?
- James Christie: Walking the Mexican Wall
- James Christie: Thorns Upon a Rose
- James Christie: To the Future, Back…
- James Christie: Last of the Rare Book Cataloguers
- James Christie: Led by the Lamb to the Slaughter
- Chuck the Librarian, Charlie Hebdo! by James Christie
- James Christie’s blog: Scots and British? Still Shifnal’s Son!
- Second Base in Santa Barbara, James Christie
- Talent, How Not to Train or Keep It… James Christie, Writer.
- James Christie: The World, The Stage
- The Landau Project: James Christie, Glasgow Writer
- James Christie: US Trip
- Cross At Needles by James Christie
- Walking The Crow Road
- Joss at the GFT