Cottiers Theatre: The Art of Class
28 November, 2021 at 4 p.m.
Cottiers Theatre, 93 – 98 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5PU
THE ART OF CLASS
Royal Ballet trained Kristen McGarrity and award winning pianist Karen Maciver create an astonishing performance revealing the delightful mystery that happens behind the scenes in a professional Ballet Company.
Every child who knows dance recognises the shape of Ballet Class – and this performance takes you inside the preparation from studio to stage. From Piano to Pointe Shoe, we see the rehearsal unfold as it leads to a new awakening of Anna Pavlova’s performance of Saint-Saën’s ‘The Swan’.
Pavlova’s dying request in 1931 – to be buried in her lace swan costume and shoes was honoured, and her memory lives on in this timeless work.
Adult – £20.00
Crowdfunder Contributors – £16.50
Concession – £14.50
Concession tickets for under 16s, over 60s, Students, Carers and unwaged persons.
Visitors please note that it is a Scottish Government requirement to wear masks in the theatre whilst there is a performance on.
This section: Dance, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT
- Goldilocks Goes to Greece, Summer Panto OranMor
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Roy’s West End View: History is bunk …and it ends just outside London
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- Make Music Day 2022
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- The Tar Factory, Sweet for Addicts
- Dandelion Festival Kelvingrove Park
- Exhibition: Origin of WA – Before the Mask
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- Work in Progress – Unchained Comedy at McChuills
- B.A. Modern Ballet Graduation Performance 2022 Royal Conservatoire
- Science Sunday – Glasgow Science Festival 2022