Locust A Chamber Opera at Cottiers
3 & 4 November, 2021, 7.30 p.m.
Cottiers Theatre, 93-95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
LOCUST THE OPERA: AN ENVIRONMENTAL MURDER MYSTERY
This operatic murder mystery tells the story of the Rocky Mountain locust, an iconic species whose swarms blackened the skies of North America in the 1800s but suddenly disappeared forever at the turn of the twentieth century. In this opera, the ghost of the Rocky Mountain locust (think of Franco Faccio’s “Amleto” based on Shakespeare’s “Hamlet”) haunts a scientist until he can figure out how her kind was driven to extinction.
Tickets: Adults £11.00
Child tickets are for those under 16 years old. Concessions are for over 60s, Students, Carers and unwaged persons. Prices include a £1.50 booking fee.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Snow White and the Teeny Tiny MacTitches, Mugdock Theatre
- Cinderella at Beacons Art Centre, Greenock
- Cinderella, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Cinderella, Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Peter Pan at Eastwood Park Theatre
- Jack and the Beanstalk, The Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs
- Sing a Song of Sixpence, Panto, Rutherglen Theatre
- Walk on the Weill Side at Cottiers
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- COP26: The Climate Justice Cabaret
- Cottiers Theatre: The Art of Class
- Locust A Chamber Opera at Cottiers
- Climate Change Showcase with Ignite Theatre
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Artie’s Halloween Singing Kettle at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills