Conradh na Gaeilge Glaschú Seachtar na Cásca: Seán Mac Diarmada Sun 17 April 2016 CCA
Conradh na Gaeilge Glaschú
Seachtar na Cásca: Seán Mac Diarmada
Sun 17 April 2016
7pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
The 1916 Rising Centenary Committee (Scotland) and the Pádraig Pearse Branch of Conradh na Gaeilge have come together to organise screenings of the acclaimed Seachtar na Cásca historical documentary series, in the lead up to the centenary of the Rising.
This series, produced by Abú Media, is narrated by Brendan Gleeson and features dramatic reconstructions of key events. Each film in the series examines the life of one of the seven men who were the signatories of the 1916 Easter Proclamation. The films are in Irish (with subtitles) and English.
This is an ideal opportunity to learn about the seven leaders who were executed for their part in Easter Rising. Find out what brought them on the road to revolution and why it is so important to keep their memories alive.
The fifth film in the series is about Seán Mac Diarmada – one of the founders of the Irish Volunteers and undoubtedly a key figure during the Rising.
Admission to the screenings is free and will be followed by discussion/related material.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020