Community Singing, Woodlands Community Cafe, Fred Paton Centre
An Appetite for Singing
Mondays April 3rd, 10th, 24th and May 1st*
(with free community meal from 6-7.30pm)
Woodlands Community Cafe,
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, G4 9AJ
Have you got an appetite for singing, but lack confidence?
Then come along to our friendly and informal singing group that meets at Woodlands Community Cafe on Monday afternoons.
No previous singing experience needed.
Feedback from past participants:
The feeling of singing within a group was very uplifting emotionally and helped me calm anxieties that I have.
It was great to join in something that was informal and very enjoyable.
It gives me a sense of togetherness
It makes me realise I can achieve.
No need to book, just turn up
Other musicians welcome to join in the fun too.
*there’s no cafe or workshop on Easter Monday
Tutor – Amy MacDougall
‘I’m a singer-songwriter and I facilitate music workshops in a variety of settings working with all ages and abilities. My experience also includes performing as a solo artist, touring with Scottish band King Creosote and writing music for film. Singing in a group is a joyful experience that can reduce anxiety and encourage social connection. To support accessibility I teach by ear using a varied repertoire of pop folk, and world music. I focus on material with melodic depth and interesting lyrical content, using harmony and rhythm to develop musicality. Encouraging group members to contribute creative ideas and explore their own musical tastes within the groups is an important part of the exchange as I believe everyone has something to teach as well as something to learn!’
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019