Community Singing, Woodlands Community Cafe, Fred Paton Centre
An Appetite for Singing
Mondays April 3rd, 10th, 24th and May 1st*
(with free community meal from 6-7.30pm)
Woodlands Community Cafe,
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, G4 9AJ
Have you got an appetite for singing, but lack confidence?
Then come along to our friendly and informal singing group that meets at Woodlands Community Cafe on Monday afternoons.
No previous singing experience needed.
Feedback from past participants:
The feeling of singing within a group was very uplifting emotionally and helped me calm anxieties that I have.
It was great to join in something that was informal and very enjoyable.
It gives me a sense of togetherness
It makes me realise I can achieve.
No need to book, just turn up
Other musicians welcome to join in the fun too.
*there’s no cafe or workshop on Easter Monday
Tutor – Amy MacDougall
‘I’m a singer-songwriter and I facilitate music workshops in a variety of settings working with all ages and abilities. My experience also includes performing as a solo artist, touring with Scottish band King Creosote and writing music for film. Singing in a group is a joyful experience that can reduce anxiety and encourage social connection. To support accessibility I teach by ear using a varied repertoire of pop folk, and world music. I focus on material with melodic depth and interesting lyrical content, using harmony and rhythm to develop musicality. Encouraging group members to contribute creative ideas and explore their own musical tastes within the groups is an important part of the exchange as I believe everyone has something to teach as well as something to learn!’
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again