Community Singing, Woodlands Community Cafe, Fred Paton Centre
An Appetite for Singing
Mondays April 3rd, 10th, 24th and May 1st*
(with free community meal from 6-7.30pm)
Woodlands Community Cafe,
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, G4 9AJ
Have you got an appetite for singing, but lack confidence?
Then come along to our friendly and informal singing group that meets at Woodlands Community Cafe on Monday afternoons.
No previous singing experience needed.
Feedback from past participants:
The feeling of singing within a group was very uplifting emotionally and helped me calm anxieties that I have.
It was great to join in something that was informal and very enjoyable.
It gives me a sense of togetherness
It makes me realise I can achieve.
No need to book, just turn up
Other musicians welcome to join in the fun too.
*there’s no cafe or workshop on Easter Monday
Tutor – Amy MacDougall
‘I’m a singer-songwriter and I facilitate music workshops in a variety of settings working with all ages and abilities. My experience also includes performing as a solo artist, touring with Scottish band King Creosote and writing music for film. Singing in a group is a joyful experience that can reduce anxiety and encourage social connection. To support accessibility I teach by ear using a varied repertoire of pop folk, and world music. I focus on material with melodic depth and interesting lyrical content, using harmony and rhythm to develop musicality. Encouraging group members to contribute creative ideas and explore their own musical tastes within the groups is an important part of the exchange as I believe everyone has something to teach as well as something to learn!’
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland