Club Uprising, 22 October, 2016 Stereo
**** DISCO, HOUSE & TECHNO ****
**** DJs Michael Bleazard, Beat Mongrel & VJ Mofis ****
**** Entry £8 (£5 students) ****
Stereo, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2
Another Uprising; another Scottish debut: Beat Mongrel!
As part of the TCA 5th Birthday weekend, we are pleased to be part of the celebrations where we can party in epic style and help to raise funds for Urban Uprising.
Uprising is the fundraising club-night of Urban Uprising, a charity dedicated to funding climbing and educational programmes for youngsters in deprived areas. Urban Uprising already assists an existing outreach project in Rio de Janeirio and more recently and locally, has set up the “Dumby Project”. There are also plans for a similar initiative for Edinburgh in the pipeline.
Rather fittingly for this particular Uprising we have Beat Mongrel spinning the decks, AKA Paul Twomney: a well known SW activist and one of the founder and head honchos of the TCA empire. Expect a set of Bristolian beats full of chunky house and funky-assed techno from the Mongrel himself.
Support once again comes from Uprising stalwarts; DJ Michael “Blezz” providing the warm-up grooves and VJ Mofis with his entrancing projections.
Many sponsors have, once again, been kind enough to support this fundraising event: these include Dream Walls, Edelrid and Scarpa. Please visit and like their respective facebook pages. As a result of the support from these companies, ALL proceeds from the door will be going directly to Urban Uprising.
See you all on the Dancefloor.
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant