Chavela, GFT, 28 September, 2017
Co-directors Catherine Gund and Daresha Kyi interweave candid stories told by Mexican ranchera singer Chavela Vargas and those closest to her in this multi-faceted biographical film. An incomparable performer, she was also a lesbian woman who defied all social expectations, revolutionising music and challenging the stereotypical macho and hetero cultural norms of the times. This intimate film beautifully captures Chavela’s fearless life, powerful artistry, and passionate love affairs, including her romance with the equally magnificent Frida Kahlo. In partnership with Scottish Documentary Institute.
Followed by a Q&A with director Catherine Gund.
If you want to stay for the Q&A and require BSL interpretation to be provided. Please email email@example.com.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN