Changing Rooms, Govanhill Baths, Fun for all the Family, Thursday 2 June, 2016
Govanhill Baths, 99 Calder Street, G42 7RA
Thursday 2 June, 3 – 8 p.m.
Govanhill Bath’s architects, Hall Black Douglas from Belfast, will be revealing their design for the refurbished Baths building. There will be interactive walking tours where you can see the new and the old, a 3D film tour of the Baths, displays from their archive and live music in the big pool from Sistema Big Noise Orchestra; the young trad musicians from Irish Heritage Foundation – (sooo Govanhill, lots of young Pakistani girls playing Irish jigs and reels). Local heroes Gypsy Romania, and Randolph’s Leap. There is also free food!
Big Noise Govanhill is Sistema Scotland’s second centre in the vibrant and diverse community of Govanhill in Glasgow.
Launched in 2013, Big Noise was given a warm welcome by those already working in the area. Govanhill is a big community with lots going on: and we are loving being here.
Working with St Bride’s, Holy Cross, Annette Street and Cuthbertson Primary Schools and the two nurseries in the area, the musicians teach in the school day. More information about the big school curriculum. Sessions are also run for babies and the Big Noise after school orchestra programme from the base at Forsyth House on Coplaw Street in Govanhill and now our additional location at the Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre.
Big Noise Govanhill is currently open to all children from birth to Primary 5 from the Govanhill community and will continue to grow with the children as they grow.
We are very proud of all the achievements which have already been seen from the children and families we are working with. The after school orchestras are growing every year and we are so excited about learning, experiencing, performing, and loving music together!
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0141 328 4113.
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online