Changing Rooms, Govanhill Baths, Fun for all the Family, Thursday 2 June, 2016
Govanhill Baths, 99 Calder Street, G42 7RA
Thursday 2 June, 3 – 8 p.m.
Govanhill Bath’s architects, Hall Black Douglas from Belfast, will be revealing their design for the refurbished Baths building. There will be interactive walking tours where you can see the new and the old, a 3D film tour of the Baths, displays from their archive and live music in the big pool from Sistema Big Noise Orchestra; the young trad musicians from Irish Heritage Foundation – (sooo Govanhill, lots of young Pakistani girls playing Irish jigs and reels). Local heroes Gypsy Romania, and Randolph’s Leap. There is also free food!
Big Noise Govanhill is Sistema Scotland’s second centre in the vibrant and diverse community of Govanhill in Glasgow.
Launched in 2013, Big Noise was given a warm welcome by those already working in the area. Govanhill is a big community with lots going on: and we are loving being here.
Working with St Bride’s, Holy Cross, Annette Street and Cuthbertson Primary Schools and the two nurseries in the area, the musicians teach in the school day. More information about the big school curriculum. Sessions are also run for babies and the Big Noise after school orchestra programme from the base at Forsyth House on Coplaw Street in Govanhill and now our additional location at the Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre.
Big Noise Govanhill is currently open to all children from birth to Primary 5 from the Govanhill community and will continue to grow with the children as they grow.
We are very proud of all the achievements which have already been seen from the children and families we are working with. The after school orchestras are growing every year and we are so excited about learning, experiencing, performing, and loving music together!
For more information contact email@example.com or telephone: 0141 328 4113.
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre