Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgown One Day Starter Course on Chinese Cinema
Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow
One Day Starter Course on Chinese Cinema
Glasgow Film Theatre, Rose Street, City Centre
Monday 30th June 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The GFT will be running a one-day starter course on Chinese cinema in conjunction with the Centre for Open Studies. Admission includes a special screening of Spring in a Small Town introduced by independent film director and academic Pieter Van der Houwen followed by a session at the Centre for Open Studies looking at the evolution of Chinese cinema.
Please call 0141 330 1860/1853/2772 to sign up, course cost is £32.
The Chinese film course builds on the success of other film courses we have been running in partnership with the GFT for many years. These long-established and popular courses, Getting More Out of Movies, tutor Donny O’Rourke, will be running again in 2014/15. The idea of Getting More Out of Movies is that students view a film each week at the GFT then meet at the Centre for Open Studies the following week to discuss the film.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Glasgow Film Theatre Announces Return of Christmas Programme
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre