Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgown One Day Starter Course on Chinese Cinema
Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow
One Day Starter Course on Chinese Cinema
Glasgow Film Theatre, Rose Street, City Centre
Monday 30th June 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The GFT will be running a one-day starter course on Chinese cinema in conjunction with the Centre for Open Studies. Admission includes a special screening of Spring in a Small Town introduced by independent film director and academic Pieter Van der Houwen followed by a session at the Centre for Open Studies looking at the evolution of Chinese cinema.
Please call 0141 330 1860/1853/2772 to sign up, course cost is £32.
The Chinese film course builds on the success of other film courses we have been running in partnership with the GFT for many years. These long-established and popular courses, Getting More Out of Movies, tutor Donny O’Rourke, will be running again in 2014/15. The idea of Getting More Out of Movies is that students view a film each week at the GFT then meet at the Centre for Open Studies the following week to discuss the film.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- SCCAN Communicating Climate Change: Working with Arts & Culture 3-5.30pm 12th May
- Javed Iqbal + Q and A at GFT
- Encounters Presents: Ukrainian Shorts
- Sound of Metal at GFT
- The Velvet Queen at GFT
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent at GFT
- Chopper – 20 Anniversary at GFT
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly at GFT
- Your Mum and Dad at GFT
- Community Consultation: My Historic Neighbourhood – the Barras
- Murina at GFT
- Small Body at GFT
- NT Live: Henry V at GFT
- CODA at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Outfit, GFT
- Wings at GFT with introduction – Ukraine Fundraiser