Celtic Connections 2015, Acts Announced
Opening Acts Announced
There will be some amazing opening acts from around the world at Celtic Connections 2015.
A brother and sister duo from Belfast, will be supporting Hudson Taylor in Oran Mor on 31st January. Southern perform a mixture of blues, alternative rock, pop and hip hop. The band has been championed by BBC Radio Ulster’s Gerry Anderson who has described them as “the most promising singer/songwriters in Ireland today.”
Will be supporting Tucson-based collective Calexico in the Old Fruitmarket on 1st February. BC Camplight is the moniker of songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Christinzio. His 2005 album Hide, Run Away was released by One Little Indian and featured Cynthia G. Mason on vocals. Camplight’s acclaimed follow up, Blink of a Nihilist, was released in 2007 and both records featured as Sunday Times’ album of the week.
Born troubadour Aaron Fyfe is a 26 year-old singer-songwriter (and skateboarder-surfer). He will be supporting Diana Jones in the Glasgow Art Club on 28th January.
Irish rockers The Riptide Movement will be supporting Hayseed Dixie at the O2 ABC on 30th January.
Changes to the Programme
An extra date has been added for sold out show Frances Black & Kieran Goss’s Reunion. There will be an additional concert on Monday 26th January in the Strathclyde Suite in Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
There has also been a second night added for the sold out The Crew of the Puffer present Para Handy “A Highland Voyage” on Sunday 19th January in St Andrews in the Square.
Due to fantastic demand Justin Townes Earle and Lindsey Black will now be appearing in the O2 ABC on Saturday 17th January in order to allow more people to buy tickets.
Due to unforeseen circumstances The Idiot at the Wall will no longer be performed at the Tron on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th January.
Chastity Brown and Dean Owens & the Whisky Hearts will now be performing at Oran Mor on Saturday 17th January.
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Art For Heart’s Sake, Art Fundraiser at The Store 2019
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA