Celtic Connections 2015, Acts Announced
Opening Acts Announced
There will be some amazing opening acts from around the world at Celtic Connections 2015.
A brother and sister duo from Belfast, will be supporting Hudson Taylor in Oran Mor on 31st January. Southern perform a mixture of blues, alternative rock, pop and hip hop. The band has been championed by BBC Radio Ulster’s Gerry Anderson who has described them as “the most promising singer/songwriters in Ireland today.”
Will be supporting Tucson-based collective Calexico in the Old Fruitmarket on 1st February. BC Camplight is the moniker of songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Christinzio. His 2005 album Hide, Run Away was released by One Little Indian and featured Cynthia G. Mason on vocals. Camplight’s acclaimed follow up, Blink of a Nihilist, was released in 2007 and both records featured as Sunday Times’ album of the week.
Born troubadour Aaron Fyfe is a 26 year-old singer-songwriter (and skateboarder-surfer). He will be supporting Diana Jones in the Glasgow Art Club on 28th January.
Irish rockers The Riptide Movement will be supporting Hayseed Dixie at the O2 ABC on 30th January.
Changes to the Programme
An extra date has been added for sold out show Frances Black & Kieran Goss’s Reunion. There will be an additional concert on Monday 26th January in the Strathclyde Suite in Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
There has also been a second night added for the sold out The Crew of the Puffer present Para Handy “A Highland Voyage” on Sunday 19th January in St Andrews in the Square.
Due to fantastic demand Justin Townes Earle and Lindsey Black will now be appearing in the O2 ABC on Saturday 17th January in order to allow more people to buy tickets.
Due to unforeseen circumstances The Idiot at the Wall will no longer be performed at the Tron on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th January.
Chastity Brown and Dean Owens & the Whisky Hearts will now be performing at Oran Mor on Saturday 17th January.
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- 21st Anniversary of the Millennium Link – Maryhill Locks
- Aye Write 2022: Introducing Debut Authors
- Aye Write: Douglas Bruton introduces…Kenny Boyle, Claire Alexander, Adrian Keefe and Charlie Roy
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- Aye Write: Matthew Keeley Introduces… Liam Konemann, Julie Owen Moylan and James Cahill
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor