can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
can’t take my eyes off you
20 Jan 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
Project Ability Gallery, 1st Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
can’t take my eyes off you is an exhibition of dolls.
Not just a child’s toy, the doll has been part of civilization since as far back as 2000 BC. The Paddle Doll, pictured below, is thought to be one of the oldest type of doll.
Every civilisation has their own evolution and history of doll making. Materials such as corn, bone, clay, cotton, wood and much more have all been used to make dolls. In addition to toys, they’ve held strong function as fertility charms, company in the afterlife and as important symbols during religious ceremonies.
can’t take my eyes off you showcases dolls from as far afield as we could spread the word; Canada, Australia, Sweden to name a few. Over 50 artists in total, working in supported studios as well as artists working independently have been selected in this juried exhibition. When the open call was announced the remarkable amount of submissions could not have been anticipated – exceeding all expectations. There’s a lot of love out there for the doll, and ‘can’t keep my eyes off of you’ has been curated to give the viewer as much to look at as possible!
Andrew Omoding, Aodhan McGrory, Balerie Conner, Britt O, Cameron Morgan, Chang Im Ohlsson, Colin Aoda, Declan Kennedy, Doreen Kay, Edward Henry, Eloise Wooding, Emma Dunn, Gary Turner, Hanna Björklund, Harison Eaton, Hazel Mavin, Jack Woodall, Jacqui Smyth, James Hardy, James Smith, Jenny Nyborg, John McNaught, Jonathan McKinstry, Karen Suzuki, Kate Bradbury, Kieran Vane, Klaus Pinter, Leanora Brophy, Lesley Nimmo, Lewis Scott, Linda Tulloch, Maddison Collins, Margaret Booth, Margaret McInnes, Melisa Paton, Mhairi Macdonald, Michael McMullen, Morag MacGilchrist, Natalie McIlroy, Natasha Ramjoorawon, Norman Sutton-Hibbert, Patricia Sigurd, Paul Rankin, Pauline Jackson, Petra Mueller, Ragna Lallerstedt, Robert Cornish, Roza Pedari, Ruth Mutch, Ruth Stiven, Sam Ahlstrand, Sandi Kiehlmann, Sandra Ormiston, Sarah Milne, Scott Smith, Seamus Killick, Steven Reilly, Terence Wilde, Thomas Willis, Tommy Mason.
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary