Calling all poets and writers: University of Glasgow Creative Writing West End Festival 2016
Call for Submissions
Open to writers and poets!
Do you fancy reading some of your newest writing at the West End Festival? University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing folks are hosting a ‘New Writers Showcase’ on Tuesday 21st June 2016 at “So, What Comes Next?” a hip pub at 182 Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow.
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you will be reading and a short (50 words max) bio note by Wednesday 15 June. (Selected readers will be notified by Friday 17 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each, and readers.
Please email your abstract and bio to email@example.com
Even if you don’t fancy reading, please do come along and support your fellow writers!
The event is sponsored by the Creative Writing Department at the University of Glasgow
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day