Calling all poets and writers: University of Glasgow Creative Writing West End Festival 2016
Call for Submissions
Open to writers and poets!
Do you fancy reading some of your newest writing at the West End Festival? University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing folks are hosting a ‘New Writers Showcase’ on Tuesday 21st June 2016 at “So, What Comes Next?” a hip pub at 182 Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow.
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you will be reading and a short (50 words max) bio note by Wednesday 15 June. (Selected readers will be notified by Friday 17 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each, and readers.
Please email your abstract and bio to email@example.com
Even if you don’t fancy reading, please do come along and support your fellow writers!
The event is sponsored by the Creative Writing Department at the University of Glasgow
- Book Launch – Peter May: The Night Gate
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021