Calling all poets and writers: University of Glasgow Creative Writing West End Festival 2016
Call for Submissions
Open to writers and poets!
Do you fancy reading some of your newest writing at the West End Festival? University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing folks are hosting a ‘New Writers Showcase’ on Tuesday 21st June 2016 at “So, What Comes Next?” a hip pub at 182 Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow.
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you will be reading and a short (50 words max) bio note by Wednesday 15 June. (Selected readers will be notified by Friday 17 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each, and readers.
Please email your abstract and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you don’t fancy reading, please do come along and support your fellow writers!
The event is sponsored by the Creative Writing Department at the University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2022
- The Springbank Voyage – Barry Nisbet Album Launch
- 50 Pots – Scottish Pottery Exhibition
- Our Stories, Your Stories – Celebrating Memoirs
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City