Calling all poets and writers: University of Glasgow Creative Writing West End Festival 2016
Call for Submissions
Open to writers and poets!
Do you fancy reading some of your newest writing at the West End Festival? University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing folks are hosting a ‘New Writers Showcase’ on Tuesday 21st June 2016 at “So, What Comes Next?” a hip pub at 182 Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow.
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you will be reading and a short (50 words max) bio note by Wednesday 15 June. (Selected readers will be notified by Friday 17 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each, and readers.
Please email your abstract and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you don’t fancy reading, please do come along and support your fellow writers!
The event is sponsored by the Creative Writing Department at the University of Glasgow
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA