Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Harvest Festival North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood