Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow