Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Glasgow Film Festival – Year of Celebration
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Christmas 2023 – University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Golden Friendships
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Night Market at Cottiers
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Focus Hong Kong
- French Film Festival 2023 at GFT
- Santa Dash 2023
- Family Cycle Ride Glasgow Green
- Floating Worlds: Erraid Sound, University of Glasgow ARC
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2023