Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- The Insect Embassy, Victoria Park
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced