Booked! Festival of Words, Evening of poetry, storytelling and song, Clydebank Town Hall Monday 16 May, 2016.
Booked! at Clydebank Town Hall
An evening of entertainment with poetry, storytelling and song.
Monday , 16 May, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.
£5 – Or full table for eight £30 Buy tickets online
Join Rally & Broad, aka poets Jenny Lindsay and Rachel McCrum , for an evening of poetry, storytelling, music, dancing, spraffing, raffling, spikiness and a general aura of chaos and wonder!
A New International Lush, poetic, bittersweet romanticism; an evocative mixture of cinematic strings, circus lights, carnival and cabaret, music hall, gypsy, chanson, a little bit of folk, a little bit of flamenco, yet with pop at its beating heart – welcome to the world of Glasgow’s finest,
Malachy Tallack’s first book, a travelogue and memoir Sixty Degrees North, was published in 2015 and was chosen as a Book of the Week on BBC Radio 4. His second,The Un-Discovered Islands, is due in September 2016. As a singer-songwriter, he has released four albums and performed in venues across the UK.
Martin O’Connor is a playwright, performer and poet from Glasgow, and a Rally & Broad favourite with his witty, tender, breakneck performances.
Chrissy Barnacle is a singer-songwriter hailing from the grimy shores of the Clyde whose yearning and often fantastical lyrics are brimming with turmoil and optimism.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT
- True Romance, Late Night Movie at GFT