Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
Glasgow – Quieter Parks and Cityscapes
Town and city parks throughout the UK have provided essential green spaces during the last year. Especially during lockdown. They are one place where family members can meet outdoors, children can play in relative safety and folk can exercise.
In Scotland at the moment we are restricted to our local parks, following the current guidelines, but before the latest guidelines came into force, I was out and about as I am a year round park lover and have been since childhood. With Covid 19 some parks are very busy in good weather but I tend to stay away from the more popular ones as even before this pandemic started I preferred quieter, lonelier places to wander in and that’s not changed.
Three parks I visited before lockdown have the advantage of being built on hilltops. These were often grand estates in the 1800s, perched high above the city slums. As such they have fantastic views so here’s a selection from Ruchill Park: Springburn Park and Bellahouston Park.
At the moment all have the correct amount of space to avoid others if need be, and reasonable parking, although of course you should only.be walking locally at present within your own district.
Bob Law, January, 2021
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Save the People’s Palace and the Winter Gardens
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Springburn: Rome of the North – Ian R. Mitchell
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Christmas Commissions, Exhibition and Gifts Kelvin Art Studio & Gallery
- Bob Law’s Blog: Old Kilpatrick. Lusset Glen to Bowling Walk
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Unoma Okudo @ The Blue Arrow
- Palindrome: Cohen – Art Painting & Photography Exhibition
- Fidel Up Close – CCA
- COP26: The Climate Justice Cabaret
- Glasgow: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival – Sustainable Cuba