Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
Glasgow – Quieter Parks and Cityscapes
Town and city parks throughout the UK have provided essential green spaces during the last year. Especially during lockdown. They are one place where family members can meet outdoors, children can play in relative safety and folk can exercise.
In Scotland at the moment we are restricted to our local parks, following the current guidelines, but before the latest guidelines came into force, I was out and about as I am a year round park lover and have been since childhood. With Covid 19 some parks are very busy in good weather but I tend to stay away from the more popular ones as even before this pandemic started I preferred quieter, lonelier places to wander in and that’s not changed.
Three parks I visited before lockdown have the advantage of being built on hilltops. These were often grand estates in the 1800s, perched high above the city slums. As such they have fantastic views so here’s a selection from Ruchill Park: Springburn Park and Bellahouston Park.
At the moment all have the correct amount of space to avoid others if need be, and reasonable parking, although of course you should only.be walking locally at present within your own district.
Bob Law, January, 2021
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Catharsis
- Bob Law: Walks in Glasgow – Anniesland and Knightswood
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- ‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Crossways Literary Festival 2021 – Online
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Three Course February Menu – Eusebi
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 Industry Focus Progamme
- Francesca Baird: blogging about autism – School Days
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- BMX Bandits at St Luke’s
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers