Befriending Food Experience Launch
12 January, 2019, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
‘Locavore have sponsored our launch of the Befriending Food Experience, granting us an award from the Power to the People Pot.’
‘This is a fundraiser towards the Experience of good food cooked at home ‘dining in’ and ‘dining out’ regularly, with entertainment, for our older, often housebound, community members.
£5 pay at door.
Bring a wee thing for the raffle please.
While we are pleased if you are interested we need numbers attending since we aim at no food waste. Let us know in good time. (Click on Going on Facebook page please so that numbers can be noted.)
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, G4 11BA
Food from Locavore. Please note: BYOB
Annie Grace and Sonny
Befriending Food Experience
Saturday 12th January 2019
6pm Welcome by David Miller
6.15 Welcome song Mike and Ruth
6.30 Story The way we were.Gerry
7.00 Food served Singalong by Gerry and Pauline
8.00 Poetry Performance Cello
8.30 Annie Morgan introduces Jim Byrne and friends and outlines the Befriending Food Experience.
9.00 The Bearpit Brothers
9.45 Disco by Paulie.
Volunteers for kitchen and hall clean up throughout the evening.
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- More premieres and guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne