Bathe in the Arts, Arlington Baths Club
Curtain Up for New West End Arts Adventure
Alexandra Shrivinas, Bathe in the Arts, Friday 28 October
Friday October 21st, 2022
Opera Highlights to Enchant You
Glasgow baritone Craig Judge has performed in many a venue with his repertoire of operatic delights.
However, his singing is matched with humorous anecdotes about his travels whilst entertaining a wide audience.
His recital will include Non Piu Andrai from the Marriage of Figaro and Votre Toast from Carmen plus many others
At Arlington Baths Club, 61 Arlington St, Glasgow G3 6DT
Bathe in the Arts brings a new theatre and musical programme to the West End of Glasgow. Hosted at the iconic Arlington Baths Club, the Friday evening programme aims to entertain and involve in equal measure.
There will be a range of different events showcasing talent in a variety of productions. including:
- A selection of classics from the Great American Songbook
- Beyond the Rainbow – the highs and lows of the life of Judy Garland
- Arias and anecdotes with an operatic raconteur
- An offbeat drama about the Christmas preparations (and shenanigans) of a Victorian household
Opening Event, Friday 16 September, 2022
On September 16th the programme will open with an evening of music, wine and light entertainment. Plus a preview of the forthcoming Autumn/Winter programme.
Bathe in the Arts is not just about entertaining. The aim is to create a new community theatre company drawing interest and talent from every demographic in the local area in acting, writing and production roles. Productions will feature in the Bathe in the Arts programme.
Isobel Barrett, artistic director, comments: “The Arts bring so much to so many. Currently it is especially important for folk to take their minds off daily struggles. With so much going on in the Byres Road area I felt that there existed an opportunity to bring music and theatre to the city end of the West End. And the Arlington Baths Club is such an iconic venue given its history and presence in the community.”
Tickets are available at Eventbrite
Bathe in the Arts is a TRAM Direct production, a company limited by guarantee and a Scottish Charity.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers Rock at GFT
- Alan Bissett: The Moira Trilogy at Websters
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- The Old Oak Woodlands Community Anti Racist Film Club
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Secession Open Day Private Parties and Weddings