West End Wander Walk – Festival of Europe
Friday 26 August, 2022 at 10 a.m.
A West End Wander Glasgow Eurowalk to look at some of Glasgow’s current and historical links with mainland Europe.
The walk will start at 10 am at Grosvenor Terrace, G12 OTB – just outside the Grosvenor Hotel. It will finish at the Botanic Gardens.
About this event
Join the West End Wander Glasgow Eurowalk to look at some of Glasgow’s current and historical links with mainland Europe.
Members of the Glasgow Loves EU group of the European Movement in Scotland will be leading the walk and will be pointing out some interesting highlights on an approximately one hour long walking tour of 3.5 km.
These walks will be a positive reminder of the positive and important links our city has had with other countries in Europe over the years and it is hoped that strong links can continue.
Countries which feature on this tour include Germany, Switzerland, France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Austria.
How strenuous will the walk be?
The walk will be at a steady walking pace but will involve an ascent up a few roads and will involve walking on and off pavements and we will be walking up and down some steps.
After the walk there will be a chat about Glasgow’s European history at the Botanic Gardens if the weather is good enough to sit outside. You may be able to provide information about other links that could be added to Glasgow Eurowalks. Takeaway coffee/tea and food is usually available from a van in the Botanics and there are bathroom facilities there too.
Festival of Europe and European Movement in Scotland
The walk event is part of the Festival for Europe
The walk is also taking place as part of the summer activities of the European Movement in Scotland
The Eurowalks website can be found at www.eurowalks.scot
Getting to the Walk
Public transport options to get to this walk are Hillhead Subway station which is nearby on Byres Road. There are frequent bus services along Great Western Road.
Parking is tricky nearby but the Lilybank Car Park can be found at Lilybank Gardens
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, Walks
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Perfect Days
- Blue Sunshine
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres