Aye Write! Remembering Tom Leonard
(Photography by Carol Peacock: www.carolannpeacock.com/)
Friday 29 March, 2019, 6 p.m. 7 p.m
The Mitchell, North Street, G3 7DN
Jim Carruth, Poet Laureate for Glasgow, and Liz Lochhead (along with some special guests) celebrate the life, work and influence of the poet, writer and critic Tom Leonard.
Best known for his poems written in the Glaswegian dialect, particularly his Six Glasgow Poems and The Six O’Clock News, Tom died in December 2018.
This event is free but ticketed, email email email@example.com
‘Tom Leonard’ to book in subject line.
Free but ticketed.
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio