Aye Write! Remembering Tom Leonard
(Photography by Carol Peacock: www.carolannpeacock.com/)
Friday 29 March, 2019, 6 p.m. 7 p.m
The Mitchell, North Street, G3 7DN
Jim Carruth, Poet Laureate for Glasgow, and Liz Lochhead (along with some special guests) celebrate the life, work and influence of the poet, writer and critic Tom Leonard.
Best known for his poems written in the Glaswegian dialect, particularly his Six Glasgow Poems and The Six O’Clock News, Tom died in December 2018.
This event is free but ticketed, email email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Tom Leonard’ to book in subject line.
Free but ticketed.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community