Aye Write! Remembering Tom Leonard
(Photography by Carol Peacock: www.carolannpeacock.com/)
Friday 29 March, 2019, 6 p.m. 7 p.m
The Mitchell, North Street, G3 7DN
Jim Carruth, Poet Laureate for Glasgow, and Liz Lochhead (along with some special guests) celebrate the life, work and influence of the poet, writer and critic Tom Leonard.
Best known for his poems written in the Glaswegian dialect, particularly his Six Glasgow Poems and The Six O’Clock News, Tom died in December 2018.
This event is free but ticketed, email email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Tom Leonard’ to book in subject line.
Free but ticketed.
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee