Aye Write! Remembering Tom Leonard
(Photography by Carol Peacock: www.carolannpeacock.com/)
Friday 29 March, 2019, 6 p.m. 7 p.m
The Mitchell, North Street, G3 7DN
Jim Carruth, Poet Laureate for Glasgow, and Liz Lochhead (along with some special guests) celebrate the life, work and influence of the poet, writer and critic Tom Leonard.
Best known for his poems written in the Glaswegian dialect, particularly his Six Glasgow Poems and The Six O’Clock News, Tom died in December 2018.
This event is free but ticketed, email email email@example.com
‘Tom Leonard’ to book in subject line.
Free but ticketed.
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers