Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
8 – 10 May, 2020
Aye Write is delighted to be part of Big Book Weekend – a 3 day virtual festival celebrating the best of the cancelled British book festivals. Bringing you a range of events, featuring the authors that would have appeared in Aye Write Festival, 2020, cancelled due to coronavirus.
Aye Write is proud to present Bernardine Evaristo in conversation with Mairi Kidd where she’ll be discussing her Booker Prize winning novel Girl, Woman, Other on Sunday 10 May at 6pm.
Robert Webb and Neil Gaiman are among the line-up for the Big Book Weekend, a three-day virtual festival. Maggie O’Farrell will chat to Damian Barr. Alexander McCall Smith will take part and Michael Morpurgo will be talking to Clare Mulley about his Second World War books for children.
Also on the bill are the wonderful Marian Keyes, Sir Tim Rice have and Luke Jennings.
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Cottiers: At Home Bottle Shop and Takeaway
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival