Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
8 – 10 May, 2020
Aye Write is delighted to be part of Big Book Weekend – a 3 day virtual festival celebrating the best of the cancelled British book festivals. Bringing you a range of events, featuring the authors that would have appeared in Aye Write Festival, 2020, cancelled due to coronavirus.
Aye Write is proud to present Bernardine Evaristo in conversation with Mairi Kidd where she’ll be discussing her Booker Prize winning novel Girl, Woman, Other on Sunday 10 May at 6pm.
Robert Webb and Neil Gaiman are among the line-up for the Big Book Weekend, a three-day virtual festival. Maggie O’Farrell will chat to Damian Barr. Alexander McCall Smith will take part and Michael Morpurgo will be talking to Clare Mulley about his Second World War books for children.
Also on the bill are the wonderful Marian Keyes, Sir Tim Rice have and Luke Jennings.
- Fright Fest Glasgow 2021 – ‘Vicious Fun’ review Danielle O’Neill Young
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Book Launch – Peter May: The Night Gate
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021