Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
8 – 10 May, 2020
Aye Write is delighted to be part of Big Book Weekend – a 3 day virtual festival celebrating the best of the cancelled British book festivals. Bringing you a range of events, featuring the authors that would have appeared in Aye Write Festival, 2020, cancelled due to coronavirus.
Aye Write is proud to present Bernardine Evaristo in conversation with Mairi Kidd where she’ll be discussing her Booker Prize winning novel Girl, Woman, Other on Sunday 10 May at 6pm.
Robert Webb and Neil Gaiman are among the line-up for the Big Book Weekend, a three-day virtual festival. Maggie O’Farrell will chat to Damian Barr. Alexander McCall Smith will take part and Michael Morpurgo will be talking to Clare Mulley about his Second World War books for children.
Also on the bill are the wonderful Marian Keyes, Sir Tim Rice have and Luke Jennings.
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch