Autumn Speakeasy with Linda Jackson – Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, Tuesday 22 November, 2016
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
Tuesday 22 November at 7.30 p.m.
A taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action hosted by writer and musician, Linda Jackson. This is not an evening to be missed! You will be listening to and discussing music and writers in a relaxing atmosphere as we toast the written word with music and readings in English, Gaelic, and Scots. Celebrating the original spirit of the Speakeasy. So from prose to slam poetry – anything goes!
Linda Jackson will be hosting the Speakeasy to listen to, discuss, and enjoy writing inspired by music. With a cool saxophonist, some guitar expertise, and an interview ‘Spotlight On’ writer, Finola Scott who will be showcasing her work.
Linda Jackson is a writer, a teacher, and a world class musician. With two novels, a variety of poems and short stories published in anthologies, Jackson is a catalyst for others to think, write, and sing. Linda’s music has influenced her writing creating a complex relationship between her stories/poetry and her song lyrics and music. Working across the two mediums has provided cross-fertilisation and inspiration for both her writing and her music.
This is a free Event for All
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall