Ashton Lane Street Party, West End Festival
Sunday 3 June, 2018,12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street (off Byres Road) G12
‘Aaahhh Sunday. The day of rest. Wait, what?! Said who? We’ve got much better plans in store for you!’
Yup, that’s right. It’s back, and it’s bigger and better than ever! Head along as the West End lanes and Vinicombe Street team up to bring you the second rendition of the Festival Sunday Lane Party with Auchentoshan to mark the opening of the legendary West End Festival.
Let loose on the lanes
*Soak up the party atmosphere in Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street, on the first Sunday of the West End Festival as the lanes team up with Auchentoshan once again to put on the Festival Sunday Lane Party!
*Enjoy on-stage entertainment at Ashton Lane and Vinicombe Street throughout the afternoon
*Sip on tasty tipples from the outdoor pop-up bars and tuck into delicious food from a range of outdoor eateries in Ashton Lane
*Get down early to enjoy loads of family friendly entertainment and activities including roaming bands and dancers, live music, balloon artists, stilt walkers, face painting and lots more
*Part of the West End festival and easily reached by Hillhead subway station
Sponsored by Auchentoshan, Glasgow’s original city malt (and the only single malt Scotch whisky maker that trip distil every last drop!) who have been loved by whisky aficionados for almost two centuries.
We are also having help from one the residnets on Ashton Lane: Innis & Gunn who pride themselves on creating well crafted, full flavoured beers, which of course will be sold on the day!
This event is completely free!
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT