Ashton Lane Street Party, West End Festival
Sunday 3 June, 2018,12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street (off Byres Road) G12
‘Aaahhh Sunday. The day of rest. Wait, what?! Said who? We’ve got much better plans in store for you!’
Yup, that’s right. It’s back, and it’s bigger and better than ever! Head along as the West End lanes and Vinicombe Street team up to bring you the second rendition of the Festival Sunday Lane Party with Auchentoshan to mark the opening of the legendary West End Festival.
Let loose on the lanes
*Soak up the party atmosphere in Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street, on the first Sunday of the West End Festival as the lanes team up with Auchentoshan once again to put on the Festival Sunday Lane Party!
*Enjoy on-stage entertainment at Ashton Lane and Vinicombe Street throughout the afternoon
*Sip on tasty tipples from the outdoor pop-up bars and tuck into delicious food from a range of outdoor eateries in Ashton Lane
*Get down early to enjoy loads of family friendly entertainment and activities including roaming bands and dancers, live music, balloon artists, stilt walkers, face painting and lots more
*Part of the West End festival and easily reached by Hillhead subway station
Sponsored by Auchentoshan, Glasgow’s original city malt (and the only single malt Scotch whisky maker that trip distil every last drop!) who have been loved by whisky aficionados for almost two centuries.
We are also having help from one the residnets on Ashton Lane: Innis & Gunn who pride themselves on creating well crafted, full flavoured beers, which of course will be sold on the day!
This event is completely free!
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne