Ashton Lane Street Party, West End Festival
Sunday 3 June, 2018,12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street (off Byres Road) G12
‘Aaahhh Sunday. The day of rest. Wait, what?! Said who? We’ve got much better plans in store for you!’
Yup, that’s right. It’s back, and it’s bigger and better than ever! Head along as the West End lanes and Vinicombe Street team up to bring you the second rendition of the Festival Sunday Lane Party with Auchentoshan to mark the opening of the legendary West End Festival.
Let loose on the lanes
*Soak up the party atmosphere in Ashton Lane, Ruthven Lane, Creswell Lane and Vinicombe Street, on the first Sunday of the West End Festival as the lanes team up with Auchentoshan once again to put on the Festival Sunday Lane Party!
*Enjoy on-stage entertainment at Ashton Lane and Vinicombe Street throughout the afternoon
*Sip on tasty tipples from the outdoor pop-up bars and tuck into delicious food from a range of outdoor eateries in Ashton Lane
*Get down early to enjoy loads of family friendly entertainment and activities including roaming bands and dancers, live music, balloon artists, stilt walkers, face painting and lots more
*Part of the West End festival and easily reached by Hillhead subway station
Sponsored by Auchentoshan, Glasgow’s original city malt (and the only single malt Scotch whisky maker that trip distil every last drop!) who have been loved by whisky aficionados for almost two centuries.
We are also having help from one the residnets on Ashton Lane: Innis & Gunn who pride themselves on creating well crafted, full flavoured beers, which of course will be sold on the day!
This event is completely free!
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT