Art Exhibition by S2 Pupils, Hyndland School, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club 30 March, 2017 for two months.
Paintings by S2 Pupils from Hyndland School will be on dispaly in the newly renovated Clubhouse of Partickhill Bowling and Community Club (46 Partickhill Road, G11 5AB – top of Gardner Street). These paintings will then be on display throughout April and May, 2017 and can be viewed by members of the local community at specific times to be confirmed.
The paintings were produced by the pupils under the guidance of Art Teacher Michelle McCarthy. They originated from a brief they were given to produce designs that might be used for the basis of murals for the outside wall of the clubhouse. This “mural project” has been put on hold, pending further funding but the twenty pictures produced by the pupils have been framed and the display is an excellent example of the creativity, imagination and enthusiasm of young people.
The Exhibition launch on March 30th will be opened by Glasgow Artist Stephen Skrynka and all pupils will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Jimmy Weatherston, President of the Club. This is the first such exhibition to be hosted by the Bowling and Community Club and they are eager to hear from others who might like to hire the space for future exhibitions in the heart of Glasgow West End.
Thanks to Hyndland Fox, Hyndland Post Office and the Usave shop on Clarence Drive for helping to part fund the event.
Any other group who would be interested in hosting an exhibition in the club house please get in touch.
For more information contact:
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021