Art Exhibition by S2 Pupils, Hyndland School, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club 30 March, 2017 for two months.
Paintings by S2 Pupils from Hyndland School will be on dispaly in the newly renovated Clubhouse of Partickhill Bowling and Community Club (46 Partickhill Road, G11 5AB – top of Gardner Street). These paintings will then be on display throughout April and May, 2017 and can be viewed by members of the local community at specific times to be confirmed.
The paintings were produced by the pupils under the guidance of Art Teacher Michelle McCarthy. They originated from a brief they were given to produce designs that might be used for the basis of murals for the outside wall of the clubhouse. This “mural project” has been put on hold, pending further funding but the twenty pictures produced by the pupils have been framed and the display is an excellent example of the creativity, imagination and enthusiasm of young people.
The Exhibition launch on March 30th will be opened by Glasgow Artist Stephen Skrynka and all pupils will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Jimmy Weatherston, President of the Club. This is the first such exhibition to be hosted by the Bowling and Community Club and they are eager to hear from others who might like to hire the space for future exhibitions in the heart of Glasgow West End.
Thanks to Hyndland Fox, Hyndland Post Office and the Usave shop on Clarence Drive for helping to part fund the event.
Any other group who would be interested in hosting an exhibition in the club house please get in touch.
For more information contact:
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams