Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
ARCadia is a festival that will celebrate the public opening of the Advanced Research Centre (ARC) a flagship new building for the University and the people of Glasgow.
The University if calling for events and activities that will showcase, celebrate and engage the public with the fantastic diversity of research and innovation happening in Glasgow today.
The aim is to bring ARC to life and create a welcoming, inspiring space for everyone, inside and outside of the University. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of this major celebratory event.
Of particular interest are ideas that involve:
- Collaboration between the university and non-academic groups
- A mix of disciplines or sectors, from the arts to social, physical and life sciences
- Engaging traditionally marginalised groups, or groups who experience barriers to accessing the university e.g. those with protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
- Engaging communities local to the ARC including, but not limited to, postcodes G11, G3, G12
- Creative approaches to engagement
Events from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged.
If your event requires funding, you are invited to apply for the Festival Fund, which is embedded within the proposals form (interested groups outwith the university can apply to the fund in partnership with staff or students).
See full details about how to propose an activity or event Deadline 31 May, 2022.
If an event idea is not yet fully formed, that’s not a problem – support will be provided during the summer to finalise details.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog
Filed under: Pat's Home Page Blog
- Postcards from Scotland Social Gathering and Discussion
- Homeless Project Scotland Fundraiser
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Wanderlust Women: Three Poets in Tuscany
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- The Lansdowne – restaurant reopening
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor
- The Dughoose Ska Band, McChuills