Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
ARCadia is a festival that will celebrate the public opening of the Advanced Research Centre (ARC) a flagship new building for the University and the people of Glasgow.
The University if calling for events and activities that will showcase, celebrate and engage the public with the fantastic diversity of research and innovation happening in Glasgow today.
The aim is to bring ARC to life and create a welcoming, inspiring space for everyone, inside and outside of the University. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of this major celebratory event.
Of particular interest are ideas that involve:
- Collaboration between the university and non-academic groups
- A mix of disciplines or sectors, from the arts to social, physical and life sciences
- Engaging traditionally marginalised groups, or groups who experience barriers to accessing the university e.g. those with protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
- Engaging communities local to the ARC including, but not limited to, postcodes G11, G3, G12
- Creative approaches to engagement
Events from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged.
If your event requires funding, you are invited to apply for the Festival Fund, which is embedded within the proposals form (interested groups outwith the university can apply to the fund in partnership with staff or students).
See full details about how to propose an activity or event Deadline 31 May, 2022.
If an event idea is not yet fully formed, that’s not a problem – support will be provided during the summer to finalise details.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog
Filed under: Pat's Home Page Blog
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers Rock at GFT
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- The Old Oak Woodlands Community Anti Racist Film Club
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Secession Open Day Private Parties and Weddings
- From Glasgow to Saturn #51
- Poor Things Screening plus Alasdair Gray Archive Q&A + Exhibition
- Govan Music Festival 2024
- Tickets on sale Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Gray Day 2024