Angus Peter Campbell / Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul, Creative Conversations
Monday 04 March 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Angus Peter Campbell (Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul) was born on the Island of South Uist. He graduated in Politics and History from the University of Edinburgh, and has worked as a lecturer, lobster-fisherman, forester and builder’s apprentice, and as a newspaper, radio and television journalist.
Sorley MacLean said of him ‘I have no doubts that Angus Peter Campbell is one of the few really significant living poets in Scotland, writing in any language.’ He has four collections of poetry: Aibisidh was published by Polygon in 2011 and won the Scottish Poetry Book of the Year Award in 2012, and his novels in Gaelic win critical acclaim. He was awarded the Bardic Crown for Gaelic Poetry in 2001, and a Creative Scotland Award in 2002. In 2007 Campbell starred in the Gaelic feature film Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle. His English-language novel, Memory and Straw, was published by Luath Press in 2017, and a bi-lingual poetry collection, Stèisean, in 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet and novelist Angus Peter Campbell comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis Book Launch
- Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
- The Big Meeting GFT
- The Muse at Avant Garde September 9th, 2019
- Place and Peace: three Scottish PEN writers at Scottish Writers Centre
- Postbox Launch of Issue 2
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Streets of Glasgow with Peter Mortimer Glasgow Literary Lounge