Angus Peter Campbell / Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul, Creative Conversations
Monday 04 March 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Angus Peter Campbell (Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul) was born on the Island of South Uist. He graduated in Politics and History from the University of Edinburgh, and has worked as a lecturer, lobster-fisherman, forester and builder’s apprentice, and as a newspaper, radio and television journalist.
Sorley MacLean said of him ‘I have no doubts that Angus Peter Campbell is one of the few really significant living poets in Scotland, writing in any language.’ He has four collections of poetry: Aibisidh was published by Polygon in 2011 and won the Scottish Poetry Book of the Year Award in 2012, and his novels in Gaelic win critical acclaim. He was awarded the Bardic Crown for Gaelic Poetry in 2001, and a Creative Scotland Award in 2002. In 2007 Campbell starred in the Gaelic feature film Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle. His English-language novel, Memory and Straw, was published by Luath Press in 2017, and a bi-lingual poetry collection, Stèisean, in 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet and novelist Angus Peter Campbell comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.