Angus Peter Campbell / Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul, Creative Conversations
Monday 04 March 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Angus Peter Campbell (Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul) was born on the Island of South Uist. He graduated in Politics and History from the University of Edinburgh, and has worked as a lecturer, lobster-fisherman, forester and builder’s apprentice, and as a newspaper, radio and television journalist.
Sorley MacLean said of him ‘I have no doubts that Angus Peter Campbell is one of the few really significant living poets in Scotland, writing in any language.’ He has four collections of poetry: Aibisidh was published by Polygon in 2011 and won the Scottish Poetry Book of the Year Award in 2012, and his novels in Gaelic win critical acclaim. He was awarded the Bardic Crown for Gaelic Poetry in 2001, and a Creative Scotland Award in 2002. In 2007 Campbell starred in the Gaelic feature film Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle. His English-language novel, Memory and Straw, was published by Luath Press in 2017, and a bi-lingual poetry collection, Stèisean, in 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet and novelist Angus Peter Campbell comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations