Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
Wednesday, 22 May, 2019 7.30 p.m.
Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham return to Glasgow in Spring 2019 !
What more can you say about these two stellar musicians, now embarking on their 33rd year of working together Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham have established themselves as the epitome of excellence in the world of traditional music. Mike Russell of the Glasgow Herald has described them as “probably the best traditional musicians you are ever likely to hear”.
With their musical magic and quick-witted humour they will pull your emotional strings one moment and have you falling off the seat with laughter the next.
2017 for Aly and Phil marked many milestones. Their 30th year of working together, Aly turned 70 (hard to believe!) in May and Phil also celebrated 40 years as a professional musician.
To celebrate they plan some surprises on their annual trip round Scotland including a nostalgic backdrop of images from all those years, and with the release of a new album.
Two of Scotland’s most acclaimed traditional musicians have been delighting audiences across Scotland with their masterful, versatile and amusing performances and leading us in the dance on BBC’s live Hogmanay show for over two decades. Oct 2013 saw the legendary folk duo receive the The Sunday Mail Great Scot Award’s ‘Lifetime Achievement” Award.
0141 357 5825
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow, G11 5PU
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow