All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
Friday 6 May, 2022, 3 p.m. until 4.30 p.m.
Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow, 82 Hillhead Street, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Poetry and Prosecco in the Hunterian Art Gallery to celebrate the publication of ‘All Becomes Art’.
About this event
Joan Eardley is one of Scotland’s best loved artists and has inspired poets from all over the world. This special event will feature readings from poets and writers responding to and celebrating her work.
An artist of intensity and deep formal sensitivity, the work of Joan Eardley resonates with themes of social conscience, ecological awareness, materiality of paint, compulsion and the everyday. As Edwin Morgan’s poem ‘Flood Tide’ suggests, Eardley’s work is full of tension, full of passion, evocative of elemental, aesthetic and emotional turbulence and attunement to social inequalities.
Come along to the Hunterian Art Gallery to hear some of the poems from ‘All Becomes Art’, edited by Colin Herd and Sam Small and see the current exhibition ‘Celebrating Joan Eardley (1921 – 1963)’ – Exhibition runs until 8 May, 2022.
- A Secret Wrapped in Lead
- Postcards from Scotland Social Gathering and Discussion
- Homeless Project Scotland Fundraiser
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Wanderlust Women: Three Poets in Tuscany
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre