Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Helen Rose Outdoors: Victoria Park August 2020
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Bookings plus Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Helen Rose’s Outdoor Diary, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow. July 2020
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- John Byrne’s 80th Birthday Bash, Paisley Book Festival 2020 review by Pat Byrne
- In Times of Self-Isolation poem by Rizwan Akhtar