Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
- Glasgow Science Centre Spooktacular 2020
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Glasgow Science Festival 2020
- A.E. Stallings at Creative Conversations
- SQIFF Programme 2020
- Watch Party: Tongues Untied – Black History Month Scotland
- Black Cowgirls and Cowboys, Real and Imagined
- Creative Conversations:Roseanne Watt
- Helen Rose’s Outdoor Diary: The Whangie October 2020
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Truck Art at The Mela