Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Eglinton Country Park – Helen Rose Outdoors
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Wully Davidson’s Bus Pass Rambles: Warm Day in the West Highlands
- Riverside Festival 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Wully Davidson’s Blog: Isle of Gigha
- Carbeth Big Hut Party – Gala Day
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA