Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz review by Fionnuala Boyle
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu 2019
- Christmas Cracker at Royal Concert Hall 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Wine Tasting at The Lansdowne – Mother India’s Cafe