‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford
Becki Rutherford is a young independent singer- songwriter currently based in Edinburgh. Born and raised in Glasgow, she left home at 16 to pursue her dream and study music at Edinburgh Napier University where she is in her third year of their ‘Popular Music BA/Hons’ Course. ‘Afterthought’ is her first single.
‘Afterthought’ – released 21 February, 2021
Becki Rutherford’s debut single ‘Afterthought’ will be released on Sunday 21 February, 2021. The song will be available on all major streaming platforms. ‘Afterthought’ was independently recorded in Napier University’s recording studios and co-produced at home with university friend, Ryan Bradley. Lyrically the song is very raw and honest, describing the frustration and loneliness of not being seen as a priority. The composition and production of the track was built around these feelings with ambient production, a warm, yet strong, vocal and a catchy chorus.
Becki’s vocal and song writing style has been compared to that of Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and Griff – with her honest and vulnerable approach to song writing accompanied by a unique pop vocal.
Becki showed an interest in performance from a young age. At school she enjoyed taking part in extracurricular activities and organising events for the arts department. She was an anxious youngster but began to gain confidence when, at the age of 12, she successfully auditioned for UK Theatre School in Glasgow. There she pursued her interest in performing and, nurtured by professional tutors, she discovered her singing talent. Becki taught herself to play guitar and developed and honed her skills as a songwriter. Now studying music full time, she is an experienced performer who writes her own music, sings, plays guitar and is skilled in music production. She aims to pursue her passion and build a career as a singer/songwriter.
Get In Touch
This section: Music, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- COP26 – Glasgow’s Wee Forests
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Helen Rose Outdoors Rigging Hill, Largs.
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- West End Festival 2021