‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford
Becki Rutherford is a young independent singer- songwriter currently based in Edinburgh. Born and raised in Glasgow, she left home at 16 to pursue her dream and study music at Edinburgh Napier University where she is in her third year of their ‘Popular Music BA/Hons’ Course. ‘Afterthought’ is her first single.
‘Afterthought’ – released 21 February, 2021
Becki Rutherford’s debut single ‘Afterthought’ will be released on Sunday 21 February, 2021. The song will be available on all major streaming platforms. ‘Afterthought’ was independently recorded in Napier University’s recording studios and co-produced at home with university friend, Ryan Bradley. Lyrically the song is very raw and honest, describing the frustration and loneliness of not being seen as a priority. The composition and production of the track was built around these feelings with ambient production, a warm, yet strong, vocal and a catchy chorus.
Becki’s vocal and song writing style has been compared to that of Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and Griff – with her honest and vulnerable approach to song writing accompanied by a unique pop vocal.
Becki showed an interest in performance from a young age. At school she enjoyed taking part in extracurricular activities and organising events for the arts department. She was an anxious youngster but began to gain confidence when, at the age of 12, she successfully auditioned for UK Theatre School in Glasgow. There she pursued her interest in performing and, nurtured by professional tutors, she discovered her singing talent. Becki taught herself to play guitar and developed and honed her skills as a songwriter. Now studying music full time, she is an experienced performer who writes her own music, sings, plays guitar and is skilled in music production. She aims to pursue her passion and build a career as a singer/songwriter.
Get In Touch
This section: Music, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Catharsis
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- ‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Crossways Literary Festival 2021 – Online
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Three Course February Menu – Eusebi
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 Industry Focus Progamme
- Francesca Baird: blogging about autism – School Days
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- BMX Bandits at St Luke’s
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021