Africa in Motion Film Club: Kuxa Kanema CCA
Monday 12 August 2019
Kuxa Kanema: The Birth of Cinema (2003) is a documentary by Margarida Cardoso, which explores the power of moving image in 1970s Socialist movements in Mozambique. The screening will be followed by an informal discussion, with additional reading material made available.
AiM Film Club is a new, year-round, screening series hosted by Africa in Motion. Through regular screenings they hope to enable more critical engagement with film to explore new ideas, and different points of view in an open and positive way.
They would like this to be a collaborative space of learning and sharing and are therefore welcoming suggestions of how the film club can respond best to the needs of its audience, whether this is by suggesting a topic to explore or a film to screen.
They will create space for discussing topics put forward in the film, in a non-formal, learning environment, looking at different political and historical moments. Each film programmed will respond to a different theme or context and will have additional activity attached, such as: interrupted screenings, accompanying material, informal conversation or invited guest speakers.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People