A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
“A Lad in Maryhill”, a new community pantomime, comes to Glasgow’s west end in December 2019 with Cameron Fulton is confirmed as Aladdin
5th – 30th December, 2019
Maryhill Community Halls, 292 -316 Maryhill Road Maryhill Glasgow G20 7YE
Special Relaxed Performance
Thursday 12 December, 2019
A new community pantomime has been announced and is promising an affordable, exciting adventure for families across the west of Glasgow. Actor, Cameron Fulton, has been confirmed as Aladdin.
Join Aladdin, Widow Twankey and Wishee Washee in Maryhill from 5-30 December, 2019*, where they are soon to swap the streets of west Glasgow for the Pyramids of Egypt on an unexpected and exciting adventure…
Panto Director, Brendon McIlroy, wanted to design a Christmas event which was going to be inclusive rather than exclusive. At Christmas events can cost the earth, never mind having to buy presents and save up for nights out.
He said: ‘A Lad in Maryhill will be a truly unique show that’s like nothing else going on in Glasgow just now. We wanted to create something special and ultimately community focused for all the family to enjoy without the big price tag usually associated with pantos.”
Widow Twankey’s launderette isn’t doing too well, Wishee Washee is up to mischief and to top it all off Aladdin has fallen in love with a Princess! Will he be able to make his wishes come true and defeat the wicked Abanazar? You’ll need to head to Maryhill Community Halls to find out!
Cameron Fulton said of the news: “”I am delighted to be spending Christmas in Glasgow playing Aladdin. I think bringing great theatre to the communities around Maryhill is a wonderful thing and I am really looking forward to seeing you all there. I know all of the cast cannot wait to get together and have a laugh with the audience – whit a team! Hope to see you there, so get yer tickets!”
*Thursday to Sunday evening performances, plus a Saturday matinee.
Early bird prices of £8 child/£10 adult until 31st October, 2019. Afterwards the prices will range from £10-£13. Under 3s go free!
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Helen Rose Outdoors: Victoria Park August 2020
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online