A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
During Lockdown many of us have spent more time than usual observing nature close to home, including the birds in our gardens, trees and on our street corners. In this informal and interactive session participants will share what they have learnt from their our observations and have a conversation about the birds that have inspired, encouraged and delighted them during Lockdown.
Creative Writing Exercise
There will also be some simple creative writing exercises to inspire you to capture in words, the magic of birds
The sessions will be facilitated by Woodlands Community Development Trust’s manager Tim Cowen. During Lockdown Tim has been observing birds during his daily walks and on lunchbreaks. He enjoys writing about nature in his spare time and his favourite bird is the Starling. He loves them so much, that a Starling is a central character in his novel Banquet of the Beasts that he will be self-publishing later this year.
This event is part of Woodlands Nature recovery Project – using the power of nature to help us cope with the stress of the Covid crisis.
There is also another session on Tuesday 16th June 10am – 11.30am. Join for one session or both!
Meeting ID: 849 1062 0847
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne