A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
During Lockdown many of us have spent more time than usual observing nature close to home, including the birds in our gardens, trees and on our street corners. In this informal and interactive session participants will share what they have learnt from their our observations and have a conversation about the birds that have inspired, encouraged and delighted them during Lockdown.
Creative Writing Exercise
There will also be some simple creative writing exercises to inspire you to capture in words, the magic of birds
The sessions will be facilitated by Woodlands Community Development Trust’s manager Tim Cowen. During Lockdown Tim has been observing birds during his daily walks and on lunchbreaks. He enjoys writing about nature in his spare time and his favourite bird is the Starling. He loves them so much, that a Starling is a central character in his novel Banquet of the Beasts that he will be self-publishing later this year.
This event is part of Woodlands Nature recovery Project – using the power of nature to help us cope with the stress of the Covid crisis.
There is also another session on Tuesday 16th June 10am – 11.30am. Join for one session or both!
Meeting ID: 849 1062 0847
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina