A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
During Lockdown many of us have spent more time than usual observing nature close to home, including the birds in our gardens, trees and on our street corners. In this informal and interactive session participants will share what they have learnt from their our observations and have a conversation about the birds that have inspired, encouraged and delighted them during Lockdown.
Creative Writing Exercise
There will also be some simple creative writing exercises to inspire you to capture in words, the magic of birds
The sessions will be facilitated by Woodlands Community Development Trust’s manager Tim Cowen. During Lockdown Tim has been observing birds during his daily walks and on lunchbreaks. He enjoys writing about nature in his spare time and his favourite bird is the Starling. He loves them so much, that a Starling is a central character in his novel Banquet of the Beasts that he will be self-publishing later this year.
This event is part of Woodlands Nature recovery Project – using the power of nature to help us cope with the stress of the Covid crisis.
There is also another session on Tuesday 16th June 10am – 11.30am. Join for one session or both!
Meeting ID: 849 1062 0847
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson