A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
During Lockdown many of us have spent more time than usual observing nature close to home, including the birds in our gardens, trees and on our street corners. In this informal and interactive session participants will share what they have learnt from their our observations and have a conversation about the birds that have inspired, encouraged and delighted them during Lockdown.
Creative Writing Exercise
There will also be some simple creative writing exercises to inspire you to capture in words, the magic of birds
The sessions will be facilitated by Woodlands Community Development Trust’s manager Tim Cowen. During Lockdown Tim has been observing birds during his daily walks and on lunchbreaks. He enjoys writing about nature in his spare time and his favourite bird is the Starling. He loves them so much, that a Starling is a central character in his novel Banquet of the Beasts that he will be self-publishing later this year.
This event is part of Woodlands Nature recovery Project – using the power of nature to help us cope with the stress of the Covid crisis.
There is also another session on Tuesday 16th June 10am – 11.30am. Join for one session or both!
Meeting ID: 849 1062 0847
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Cottiers At Home – Beer Garden Takeaway Extended Menu, Bottle Shop, Beer Garden Reopening
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson